Sunday, January 5, 2014

Continuing to improve.....

Wow, 2013 flew by and I cannot believe it is now 2014!!!!  

I am starting the year not by making resolutions to do things I know I cannot do but to continue on a path that I knew back in November needed to begin! I can say that I have said NO more in the past 6 weeks than before and the guilt is still there in some cases but it is getting easier :-) Recently a friend sent me a message to read a article about something that I struggle daily with in my life as I am sure lots of other mom's do.  As I read it the next morning before getting up and going I cried!  It was me 100%,  I was the mom that yelled at her kids constantly!  Simple things as spilling juice or cereal on the floor, Summer asking me for something for the 100th time,  Morgan pushing her 2 year old boundaries with me, you name it I had a barked answer!  Tim has told me in the past I did it but it didn't click until I read what another mom had written about the very same thing.  Realizing that sometimes the most simple thing to someone else could very well send me over the edge into a yelling spree at my husband or kids had to stop.  Technology has become so consuming for all of us, emails, text messages, social media ect has become something that we all do constantly.  You can have fights now via all these outlets instead of sitting down and having a actual conversation with a person.  A simple social media post or text message by someone has literally agitated me in the past to the point that I become snappy.  That is sad and ridiculous to let someone or thing have that kind of control over my life.  I  will not continue down that path anymore.  I am changing, or at least working very hard to change, how I react and respond to the girls and Tim.  I will take time to live life in the moment and be "there" for my kids.  I will be more involved in real life and step away from the conveniences and technology that has taken over.  I will YELL LESS from this point forward and "be" there for my family more.    

No comments:

Post a Comment