This post has nothing to do with my human child but my furry four legged kitty cat that is miserable!

About 3 weeks ago our sweet Salem started coughing like an 80 year old man that had been smoking his entire life, well me working with animals over the past 12 years my first thought was that it probably was just a hairball...he had had them before off and on so why not now, I just brushed it off and gave him some meds and went about my usual business. 2 weeks go by and he is still coughing, Tim wakes me up at 2 am last Friday morning and says he is starting to breathe funny and maybe it is time to just take him in to get checked, I agree and decide to take him in when I went to work. Obviously there is something more serious going on besides a hairball, this poor guy woke me up at 4 a.m wheezing! 3 radiographs later and 2 of the doctors looking at him they figure that he most likely has a coonsolidated lung lobe...now I really feel like a horrible owner! We put him on prednisone and amoxicillin and just keep him as calm and as stress free as we can...remember there is a 3 year old toddler in this house that ADORES this kitty so explaining that she cannot love on him in near impossible! Fast forward to Wednesday night at 9:30pm....he comes out from what I figured was his usual nap in the closet and is once again having an even harder time breathing than before..thank goodness that one of the wonderful doctors at my work answered her phone at such a late hour and was willing to meet me to check him again! His hear hasn't changed really but his lungs did sound worse than before. I took him back in Thursday to listen to again and after adding an albuterol inhaler to his medicine he started breathing a little easier than before. He still isn't back to himself and turned down a can of tuna, which he never does! I am still so very worried about him...he hasn't had a normal meal in at least 3 days (and he is down by about a pound since his wellness visit in February) so now he has what I call the kitty buffet and because he still will not eat or drink water like he should he got a nice dose of lactated ringers fluid under the skin tonight!
Can't you just tell how thrilled he is to even have me offering him so many delicious goodies this is normally a kitty dream for my guys...dry food, treats, canned tuna and fancy feast all at your table! It appears that until further notice my laundry room is now the kitty infirmary...
keep him in your prayers because this little guy has honestly been the world's best kitty and is loved an awful lot in this house!!!
Until later....
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. salem, you are in our prayers for sure!
ReplyDelete