Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas already????

Where has the past year gone? I vividly remember as a child people telling me not to wish my time away and here we are another year has almost passed and Christmas is almost here!

We went to pick out our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving from a local tree farm that has beautiful trees every year. I so desperately wanted to drive to the North Carolina mountains to actually cut our tree ourselves, but Tim convinced me that Summer probably wouldn't stand the 2 hour car drive there and back, then
walking to pick and cut our tree. Mom & Dad came up for a brief visit that weekend and helped us decorate the tree. Summer helped her Papa put on the lights and did a much better job at helping mom & I "un-decorate" the tree as we tried to put the ornaments on! So far not to many catastrophes with it this year other than she loves to take the Pillsbury Dough boy ornaments off and play with them.


















We also made a trip to visit Santa that weekend at Summer's request....her exact words to my mom were " Weesie I go see Tanta!" (Yep she calls my mom Weesie! Where she came up with that we will never know...guess it's the same as me callling my grandfather "Papa D" and there isn't a single d in his name!) When we arrived to see him we weren't really sure what to expect from her, but she did great and proceeded to tell him that she wanted a bicycle! We will have to see how that one works out for her but i'm sure she will have a great surprise on christmas morning this year!


I think that I am going to drive Tim crazy this year because each weekend i've made him go do something with us so that she has wonderful memories as far back as she can remember. This past weekend we drove to McAdenville, NC to see the Christmas lights because the entire town decorates their homes! She enjoyed about the first 5 minutes of it and was so tired that she fell asleep in the car for the duration. When she woke up she asked us "Where christmas lights and tanta go?" At some point I think we will attempt ice skating at the outdoor rink since she keeps asking me if she can go. I'm quite sure that will be the most interesting adventure yet! I will definitely have photos of that to post!!!

It amazes me how much she has learned over the last 3 years, each day she comes up with something new to say or do it seems! Some days she is in the mood to sing and does know portions of "Jingle Bells" I think I find it most amusing when she combines songs, ie: "Old MacDonald" and "The Farmer in the Dell". I can't believe that in just a week and a half my sweet little girl will be 3 years old! I don't know where the time has gone!


Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment